By Thomas K. Hubbard
A spouse to Greek and Roman Sexualities provides a accomplished choice of unique essays in relation to features of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views a few of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in each one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and variations among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical impression at the realizing of later a long time and religion
- Covers creative and literary genres, quite a few social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of medication, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty most sensible overseas scholars
Read or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar psychology of sexuality books
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This booklet explores altering innovations of marriage and gender relationships and attitudes towards intercourse in a rural chinese language neighborhood over the last 5 a long time. The e-book relies on a examine of an industrialized peasant village in Guangdong Province from 1994 to 1996 and next visits from 2000 to 2002.
Massachusetts grew to become the 1st kingdom within the nation to legalize same-sex marriage in 2004, and after the landmark determination of Obergefell v. Hodges in 2015, same-sex marriage is criminal in all fifty states. greater than 70,000 same-sex have married within the U. S. even if those have definitely the right to marry, it's not with out its charges to their households, relatively to their relationships with their mom and dad.
Serenity is turning into alarmingly absent from our day-by-day life, in particular in the city context. Time is dense and area is tumultuous. the belief of the serene has received foreign money in postmodern discussions, and whilst mixed with urbanism conjures questions, even contradictions, because the rules look unbelievable but their correspondence turns out so inherently fascinating.
Extra info for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Thomas K. Hubbard