By Dexter Hoyos
- Offers a vast survey of the Punic Wars from various perspectives
- Features contributions from an exceptional forged of overseas students with unrivalled expertise
- Includes chapters on army and naval options, innovations, logistics, and Hannibal as a charismatic basic and leader
- Gives balanced assurance of either Carthage and Rome
Read or Download A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
Rome's Gothic Wars is a concise advent to investigate at the Roman Empire's family members with some of the most very important barbarian teams of the traditional international. The e-book makes use of archaeological and ancient proof to appear not only on the process occasions, yet on the social and political factors of clash among the empire and its Gothic neighbours.
For a few years the area of experts in early Latin, in advanced metres, and within the reconstruction of texts, Roman comedy is now verified within the mainstream of Classical literary feedback. the place so much books pressure the unique functionality because the fundamental position for the encountering of the performs, this e-book unearths the locus of which means and appreciation within the task of a reader, albeit one whose demeanour of analyzing unavoidably includes the imaginitive reconstruction of functionality.
Even if the Hellenistic interval has turn into more and more well known in examine and instructing in recent times, the western Mediterranean is never thought of a part of the 'Hellenistic world'; in its place the towns, peoples and kingdoms of the West are typically in basic terms mentioned insofar as they relate to Rome. This booklet contends that the rift among the 'Greek East' and the 'Roman West' is extra a made of the conventional separation of Roman and Greek historical past than a mirrored image of the Hellenistic-period Mediterranean, which used to be a strongly interconnected cultural and monetary area, with the emerging Roman republic only one between many powers within the zone, east and west.
Celebrating the wealthy historical past of archaeology and of archaeological learn in Hertfordshire, the 15 papers amassed during this paintings specialize in numerous points of the zone, together with the Neolithic to the post-Medieval classes, and comprise a record at the very important excavations on the formative henge at Norton.
- The Myth of a Gentile Galilee (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- Mythos and Cosmos: Mind and Meaning in the Oral Age
- Verginius Rufus und der Aufstand des Vindex: Das Vierkaiserjahr (German Edition)
- 30-Second Ancient Greece: The 50 most important achievements of a timeless civilization, each explained in half a minute (30 Second)
- The Construction of Time in Antiquity: Ritual, Art, and Identity
Extra info for A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Dexter Hoyos